The Westford Grey Ghost 16U Lou Tompkins team has started its season with a 1-2 record including a 2-3 loss to Medford, 3-8 loss to Wakefield and 6-5 win over Winchester. A great group of guys coming together and a great opportunity for Matt to play ahead in development for next year’s High School season. Stay tuned for more games this week, weather permitting. Go Ghosts!
• Professional baseball players set individual-goals & write them down.
• Youth baseball players should list obtaining college baseball scholarship as primary long-term goal.
• Performance-goals must be established each year that are attainable in short term.
Functions of Goal-Setting
• Provides direction to focus energy.
• Provides feedback on progress.
• Provides valuable source of motivation
Principles of Goal-Setting
• Emphasize performance & de-emphasize game outcome.
• Be measurable & specific, as opposed to vague & general.
• Be challenging & realistic
• Be stated positively, not negatively.
• Include short term (daily), intermediate, & long-term (dream-goals)
• Be explicit & write goals.
The 10U Waves continued to make a big impression in their third tourney of the season, reaching the Semi-Finals out of a field of 10 highly competitive teams at the “Summer Showdown” in Sharon, Mass. Keeping up the pressure on the competition, this scrappy team now has a reputation for winning. Go Waves!
The 10U Waves took the championship in their second outing at the “Just Play It” tourney in Nashua, NH!
Playing in their second tournament on the heels of their commanding 2nd Place finish in Franklin, the Waves earned an undefeated 3-0 record and took the “Just Play It” championship. The girls are on a roll. Go Waves!