(Perform 2x per week with 2 days of back-to-back throwing using long-toss one day and simple catch the second day with a goal of staying loose)
Warmups at 20 feet: 5 wide-stance throws facing partner, 5 scap-pinch throws, 10 one-knee throws.
45 feet (ball in back and front, don’t go past front ball): 10 wide-stance throws.
15 throws at 60 feet: 15 step-ins paired with cross behind to balance (alternate the two).
90 feet: 10 step-backs.
105 feet: 8 back-pedals.
Pull-Downs to 60 feet: slowly bring it back in for a 15-pitch flat ground at 75% effort all pitches.
- Increase arm strength gradually.
- Continue developing consistent arm slot, keeping front side strong and tight throughout delivery.
- Do workout after program.
- Add light shoulder work in after throwing (stabilizations or light tube work for bloodflow only).
- There must be a day off in between double-throwing sessions to continue to progress.
Watch CJ Wilson’s front side = consistent arm-slot delivery here: