You may not be the Most Interesting Man in the World, but you can always be the hardest-working ballplayer both on and off the field. Do Work!
(Perform 3x per week with at least 1 day off in between)
Warmups at 20 feet: 10 wide-stance throws facing partner, 15 one-knee throws.
10 Throws at 45 feet (ball in back and front, don’t go past front ball): 10 figure-eight throws.
10 throws at 60 feet: 10 jump-backs
15 throws at 75 feet: 15 cross-behinds with arm swings
- Drive off back side, strong front glove side to a tight finish.
- Stick the finish. NO CHASING! Stick the landing on each throw.
- Do workout after program.
- Add light shoulder work in after throwing (stabilizations or light tube work for bloodflow only).
- There must be a day off in between throwing sessions to continue to progress.
Losers look to blame
Winners take responsibility
Losers look at the scoreboard
Winners look at how hard they played
Losers get knocked down
Winners get up
Losers want to get credit for the win
Winners just want to win no matter who gets credit
Losers want to strike everyone out
Winners just want to get hitters out
Losers look for cheap ways to learn
Winners invest in their education
Losers want awards
Winners want championships
Losers think stats
Winners think team record
Losers are afraid
Winners have courage
Losers are skeptical
Winners go for it
Losers like to talk about what they are going to do
Winners are too busy doing it
Which are you?